Higher Education Scholarships
HSSCU offers Higher Education Scholarships to our members. We understand the importance of education and are here to support our community.
Scholarship Applications for 2023 are now CLOSED.
Supporting members with their educational pursuits is extremely important to HSSCU.
- We provide €50,000 in scholarship funds each year.
- Whether studying for a degree, diploma, masters or any further education course, you can apply for a HSSCU scholarship.
- So far we have helped members pursue physiotherapy courses, art courses, disability studies and more.
- We also help fund education courses with HSSCU Education Loans
- Also available is our annual Betty Noone Memorial Bursary
Scholarship Applications Are Now Closed.Former Recipient Made By Our Members
Scholarship Terms & Conditions
- Prospective applicants are required to have joined HSSCU prior to March 1st in the year of application.
- A minimum balance of €50 (excluding the entry fee for HSSCU’s Member Prize Draw) must be maintained in this account for a minimum of 6 months prior to the application closing date.
- There must be a minimum of 1 transaction per month (not including the Member Prize Draw) on the applicant’s account.
- Scholarships are available exclusively for the payment of college fees. All repeat fees, if applicable, are borne by the student.
- Applicants will be required to submit a typed essay (400 – 500 words) entitled “What the scholarship would mean to me”. Handwritten essays will be excluded.
HSSCU Scholarship Recipients
This scholarship has enabled me to return to education after 2 decades without the financial stress of supporting my college fees as well as my sons. It has given me the motivation to carry on throughout my first year of college and I will be forever grateful to the HSSCU for this wonderful opportunity.
The HSSCU scholarship has meant so much to me as it has significantly reduced the financial burden of doing my postgraduate degree. I'm now half way through my course and I'm so grateful to have been chosen for this scholarship which has given me support and hope for a better future.
Absolutely life changing. When I applied for the HSSCU scholarship never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be successful. The scholarship has enabled me to return to education which I would not have been able to do. If you are thinking of applying, don’t think twice.