Making overdrafts available for our nationwide credit union membership.
- An overdraft is a short-term way to borrow money via your current account. Overdrafts help when your finances get a little tight and offer peace of mind to you, as you know that you will have those extra funds at hand should you need them.
- You must have a HSSCU Current Account in order to apply for an overdraft.
- HSSCU can offer you an overdraft limits ranging from €150 up to €5,000. Subject to approval.
- The following limits apply;
- For non-salary mandated applicants a maximum limit of €500 will apply (new and existing members).
- Applicants who are members for 6 months or less and are salary mandated, a maximum of €1,000 will apply.
- The interest rate of HSSCU’s overdraft is 12% per annum, variable. Interest is only charged on overdrawn balances. Your credit union does not apply surcharge interest (this is charged by some financial institutions on unauthorised overdrawn balances).
- An overdraft facility fee of €25 per annum or per overdraft approval (whichever is the more frequent) will be applied.
- If you wish to proceed with an application, we will need you to supply 3 months up to date current account statements and a recent payslip. If anything further is required, the HSSCU lending team will contact you.
- Overdrafts are available to Current Account holders aged 18 years or older.
- Terms and conditions apply. Lending criteria, terms and conditions apply.
Mastercard is a registered trade mark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. The Debit Card is issued by Transact Payments Malta Limited pursuant to licence by Mastercard International.
Terms & Conditions Apply
Credit facilities are subject to repayment capacity and financial status; and are not available to persons under 18 years of age. Security may be required. An overdraft facility fee of €25 per annum or per overdraft sanction (whichever is the more frequent) will be applied. Overdrafts are subject to normal underwriting and lending criteria. Overdrafts are subject to approval. Terms and conditions apply.Login & Apply
We Value Our Members & Your Time
HSSCU is committed to keeping our same friendly service while always progressing and making things easier for our members. We are proud to be a credit union bringing overdrafts and current accounts to our members.