Student Account Features
- Free Current Account
- Student Lifestyle Loans
- Online Shopping & Contactless Payments
- Debit Card (Mastercard®) - Globally Accepted
- Overdraft (Up to €5,000, subject to approval)
- Free Online Banking & New HSSCU App
- Benefit from Mastercard Priceless (visit www.priceless.com)
HSSCU's Student Account
HSSCU caters for Ireland’s healthcare students along with those studying in Dublin 6 and Dublin 8 areas:
- Student Accounts are available to student members between the ages of 16 – 25
- Should you not yet be a member, you can apply for HSSCU membership online and apply for your free current account once joined
- If you are 16 or 17 years of age, we require the consent of a parent/guardian to open a current account
- Students aged 16 to 25 years are eligible for fee concession if pursuing a verified full-time course of study for one or more years
- For overdrafts and loans, you must be 18 years or older to apply
Why Choose HSSCU's Student Account?
HSSCU is a nationwide credit union that cares.
We are a not-for-profit financial institution who always give back to our community. All profits made by HSSCU go directly into improving products/processes for members, sponsorship of our community, green initiatives, bursaries, scholarships, interest rebates, dividends and more.
We have always been progressive and at the forefront of financial services.
HSSCU is excited to add you to our membership base of over 55,000 members. See our Student Account Leaflet.Apply for Membership Online Now
How Do I Open a HSSCU Student Account?
There are 4 ways* to open a HSSCU Student Account:
- Download our Mobile App and register to be a member
- Apply for membership online in minutes
- Print a postal membership application and send the completed form to us
- Pop into branch with your documents
*For all steps, after you have become a member, you can apply for your current account by logging into our online banking or via our HSSCU app.
Applying for a Student Lifestyle Loan
Choose your loan amount and calculate repayments on our website
Apply online, by phone or in branch
We can text you your loan approval
- The maximum issuable overdraft amount is €5,000 (subject to approval).
- If your card is damaged, lost or stolen call Credit Union Card Services on 01 693 3333. The Customer Services line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls are charged at your standard network rate. Calls from mobiles may be higher. New cards will be issued on requests within 7 – 10 working days.
- If you need to calculate currency conversion, you can do so right here.
Student Current Account FAQ
- Who Can Apply for a Current Account?
- Can I Use My Debit Card Abroad?
- Can I Change My Card's PIN?
- Can I Get Cashback With My HSSCU Debit Card?
- How Do I Get a Replacement Card?