Student Account Features
- Free Current Account
- Apple Pay, Google Pay & Fitbit Pay
- Education Loans
- Student Lifestyle Loans
- Online Shopping & Contactless Payments
- Debit Card (Mastercard®) - Globally Accepted
- Free Online Banking & HSSCU App
- Overdraft (Up to €5,000, subject to approval)
- Higher Education Scholarships
- Betty Noone Memorial Bursary
- Benefit from Mastercard Priceless (visit www.priceless.com)
HSSCU's Student Account
HSSCU caters to Ireland’s healthcare students along with those studying in Dublin 6 and the James’s St. area (Dublin 8) as well as our member’s families:
- Should you not yet be a member, you can apply for HSSCU membership online and apply for your free current account once joined
- Students who meet the following criteria of ‘pursuing a full-time course of study for one academic year or more in a secondary school or third level institution recognised by the Central Applications Office (CAO), where full-time equates to 21 or more hours per week’ are eligible for fee concession (no monthly account fee).
- For overdrafts and loans, you must be 18 years or older to apply
Why Choose HSSCU's Student Account?
HSSCU is a nationwide credit union that cares. We are a not-for-profit institution that always gives back to our community.
All profits made by HSSCU go directly into improving products/processes for members, sponsoring our community, green initiatives, bursaries, scholarships, interest rebates, and more. In fact, you may have seen our recent sponsorships of Trinity Med Day, Women in Medicine in Ireland, and the Association of Medical Students Ireland, to name but a few!
We have always been at the forefront of financial services and are excited to add you to our base of over 60,000 members.Apply for Membership Online Now
How Do I Open a HSSCU Student Account?
There are 4 ways* to open a HSSCU Student Account:
- Download our the HSSCU App and register to be a member: Google Play | Apple’s App Store
- Apply for membership online in minutes
- Print a postal membership application and send the completed form to us
- Pop into a branch with your documents
*For all steps: after you have become a member, you can apply for your current account by logging into our online banking or HSSCU app.
Applying for a Student Lifestyle Loan
Choose your loan amount and calculate repayments on our website
Apply online, by phone or in branch
You can draw down your loan from home on our app
- The maximum issuable overdraft amount is €5,000 (subject to approval).
- If your card is damaged, lost, or stolen call Credit Union Card Services on 01 693 3333. The Customer Services line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls are charged at your standard network rate. Calls from mobiles may be higher. New cards will be issued on requests within 7 – 10 working days.
- If you need to calculate currency conversion, you can do so right here.
- Mastercard and Priceless are registered trademarks, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. This card is issued by Transact Payments Malta Limited pursuant to licence by Mastercard International.
Student Current Account FAQ
- Who Can Apply for a Current Account?
- Can I Use My Debit Card Abroad?
- Can I Change My Card's PIN?
- Can I Get Cashback With My HSSCU Debit Card?
- How Do I Get a Replacement Card?