HSSCU is a nationwide credit union and a financial services provider who cares.
To be the preferred financial institution for our members
Who We Are
Health Services Staffs Credit Union is one of the largest and strongest credit unions in Ireland. We are a nationwide credit union that enables our members to do all of their business from home. Additionally, we have branches in Dublin, Galway, Cork, Limerick and Louth. We have an extensive physical presence.
HSSCU offers loans, savings, a current account, overdrafts, and more to our members, along with free online banking and insurances.
Our goal is to be a financial partner to our members. One that treats you with respect, is reliable and helpful.Online Membership Application Who Is Eligible To Join?
Credit Union: We're Different
When you join HSSCU you’re not just another customer, you’re a member.
HSSCU takes care of our community by offering free bursaries, scholarships, insurances, sponsorships, and a member-funded member prize draw, amongst much more.
When you join, you’ll be part of the ownership of the credit union and will enjoy many benefits. You’ll also get a say in how the credit union is run for the good of the community. We are the trustworthy, ethical alternative to high street banks.
Health Services Staffs Credit Union Ltd. is affiliated with the Irish League of Credit Unions.
What Our Members Say About Us:
Best thing I ever did. Great kind and helpful staff in HSSCU. So lucky!
Great idea, started this year! I was in a savings club, but stopped last year. Credit union savings are safe and a way to help budget costs. Because it's out of my wages, I don't even notice.
The HSSCU scholarship has effectively changed my life. I received a call to say that I have been awarded the HSSCU scholarship to the value of €15,000. I am not sure I can accurately put into words the level of impact it has had and will continue to have on my life. It has served as a means for me to engage in something truly meaningful and has opened up a door to my dream job.
I dealt with Celia, who is a super woman. Her caring manner and professionalism was very, very evident throughout the experience. She is a great representative of the credit union.
Fast efficient friendly service. Delighted I made the decision to join.
All the staff are so nice and helpful. And the service is just brilliant. Have to say this Credit union has been a life saver for me.
- 1970: Founded to serve the financial needs of health services staff for the areas of Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow
- 1971: First employee (Richard Butler)
- 1972: Moved to the Welfare Building, 1 James's Street
- 1981: First full time manager appointed (Colm Murphy)
- 1985: Introduction of our car draw
- 1987: Moved to the annex in St. Brendan's Hospital in Grangegorman
- 1989: Introduction of our Budget Account scheme
- 1994: Moved to our current headquarters in High Street, Dublin 8
- 1997: First credit union in Ireland to have our own website
- 2007: Common bond is extended to include health service staff throughout Ireland
- 2010: Amalgamated with the Law Library Credit Union
- 2013: Amalgamated with the James's Street, Texaco and Castle Credit Unions
- 2015: Amalgamated with the St. Gabriel's and CIE Staff (Cork) Credit Unions
- 2017: Amalgamated with CIE Credit Union (Galway)
- 2018: Amalgamated with the CIE Connolly, CIE Broadstone and CIE Dundalk Credit Unions
- 2018: First credit union in Ireland with Full Online Membership Applications
- 2019: Amalgamated with Ranelagh & District Credit Union
- 2019: Amalgamated with Limerick CIE Credit Union
- 2020: Celebrated 50 years in business
- 2020: Introduced Current Accounts to members
- 2020: Introduced our 1st Free Student Account
- 2020: Launched the 'HSSCU' App
- 2021: Introduced First Time Buyer Mortgages
- 2022: Amalgamated with Jim Larkin Credit Union
Our Board of Directors
Damian Mc Keown
Marie Mc Bryan
Claire O'Donovan Connolly
Our Board Oversight Committee
Our Management Team
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Operations Officer
Chief Services Officer
Chief Financial Officer