We look forward to meeting you and telling you a little more about ourselves.
To be the preferred financial institution for our members
Who we are
Health Services Staffs Credit Union is one of the largest and strongest credit unions in Ireland. We offer a variety of savings and loan services to our members.
Our goal is to be a financial partner to our members. One that treats you with respect, is reliable and helpful.
Credit Union: we're different
When you join HSSCU, you’re not just another customer.
Instead, you become part of a highly regarded credit union.
You’ll be part of the ownership of the credit union and will enjoy many benefits. You’ll also get a say in how the credit union is run for the good of the community.
We are affiliated to the Irish League of Credit Unions.
- 1970: Founded to serve the financial needs of health services staff for the areas of Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow
- 1971: First employee (Richard Butler)
- 1972: Moved to the Welfare Building, 1 James Street
- 1981: First full time manager appointed (Colm Murphy)
- 1985: Introduction of our car draw
- 1987: Moved to the annex in St. Brendan's Hospital in Grangegorman
- 1989: Introduction of our Budget Account scheme
- 1994: Moved to our current Headquarters in High Street, Dublin 8
- 1997: First credit union in Ireland to have our own website
- 2007: Our common bond is extended to include health service staff throughout Ireland
- 2010: Amalgamated with the Law Library Credit Union
- 2013: Amalgamated with the James Street, Texaco and Castle Credit Unions
- 2015: Amalgamated with the St. Gabriel's and CIE Staff (Cork) Credit Unions
- 2017: Amalgamated with C.I.E. Credit Union (Galway)
- 2018: Amalgamated with the CIE Connolly, CIE Broadstone and CIE Dundalk Credit Unions
- 2018: First credit union in Ireland with Full Online Membership Applications
- 2019: Amalgamated with Ranelagh & District Credit Union
- 2019: Amalgamated with Limerick CIE Credit Union
- 2020: Celebrating out 50th year in business
- 2020: Introduced Current Accounts to our members
I dealt with Celia, who is a super woman. Her caring manner and professionalism was very, very evident throughout the experience. She is a great representative of the credit union.
I have been involved with the credit union since 1990. It’s a super supportive credit union, who looks after their members, their consistent style of service has constantly been updated ,keeping up with current trends, and yet always feels personal for their clients, helped me over the years.
The best Credit Union in Ireland. HSSCU has helped me out in every difficult financial situation I have in been since I joined up 2004.
They are amazing
Fast efficient friendly service. Delighted I made the decision to join.
Since I arrived in Dublin from Philippines in 2001 , always dependable in times of sadness and worst financial difficulties. Staff are considerate and professional in customer care. Hoping to continue the service till my retirement.
All the staff are so nice and helpful. And the service is just brilliant. Have to say this Credit union Has been a life saver for me
Our Board of Directors
Our Board of Oversight Committee
Our Board of Management Team
Chief Executive Officer
Credit Control Manager
Anne Marie Kelly
Credit Assessment Manager
Business Development Manager
Risk Management Officer
Health and Safety and Facilities Manager