HSSCU is a nationwide credit union and a financial services provider who cares.
To be the preferred financial institution for our members
Who We Are
Health Services Staffs Credit Union is one of the largest and strongest credit unions in Ireland. With branches in Dublin, Galway, Cork, Limerick and Louth, we have an extensive physical presence, along with being one of Ireland’s credit unions who allow our members to do all of their business from home.
We offer a variety of loans, savings and a current account to our members, along with free online banking and insurances.
Our goal is to be a financial partner to our members. One that treats you with respect, is reliable and helpful.
Credit Union: We're Different
When you join HSSCU you’re not just another customer, you’re a member.
With us, you become part of a highly regarded credit union.
You’ll be part of the ownership of the credit union and will enjoy many benefits. You’ll also get a say in how the credit union is run for the good of the community.
HSSCU takes care of our community by offering free bursaries, scholarships, insurances, sponsorships and a member-funded member prize draw to our members, amongst much more.
Health Services Staffs Credit Union Ltd. is affiliated to the Irish League of Credit Unions.
What Our Members Say About Us:
I decided to go back to college and had done 3 years, but couldn’t afford to do my 4th. I had to take a year out and try to save up money, however I have 3 kids at home so that was a bit of a struggle. Then I saw Kredit and the advertisement of the scholarship and I applied, not really believing that I would get it. However, I got a phone call from HSSCU to say that I had won the scholarship. It just made my life so much easier. I’m fully qualified now, I just finished my 4th year and I’d like to say thank you to HSSCU for making my journey that little bit easier.
Around the same time that I was accepted to my Masters in Rehabilitation and Disability Studies I received a letter through the door from HSSCU where I saw that there is a scholarship available for higher education students. I applied for the scholarship not really thinking that I would succeed. A few weeks into the course I received a call from Pádraig telling me that I had been chosen for the scholarship and I couldn’t believe it – it was just fantastic! It made such a difference to me. Thank you so much HSSCU for
sponsoring me in my education.
As a long term member of the Health Services Staffs Credit Union I was aware of its commitment to supporting and promoting lifelong learning. This meant an awful lot to me, as I am retired. My course suited me down to the ground because I believe one learns so much from the process of exploring ideas, experimenting with different techniques and materials and problem solving. The scholarship has made it possible for me to realise my dream and I found the support and encouragement from the HSS Credit Union personnel very helpful.
What the scholarship has done is afford me a chance to better myself through further education at a time in my life where it was not financially an option. It was a pipe dream, but now I find myself halfway through my course. The HSSCU are not just supporting me by awarding me this scholarship, they are supporting my family and ultimately providing us with a brighter future.
The HSSCU scholarship has effectively changed my life. I received a call to say that I have been awarded the HSSCU scholarship to the value of €15,000. I am not sure I can accurately put into words the level of impact it has had and will continue to have on my life. It has served as a means for me to engage in something truly meaningful and has opened up a door to my dream job.
I dealt with Celia, who is a super woman. Her caring manner and professionalism was very, very evident throughout the experience. She is a great representative of the credit union.
- 1970: Founded to serve the financial needs of health services staff for the areas of Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow
- 1971: First employee (Richard Butler)
- 1972: Moved to the Welfare Building, 1 James Street
- 1981: First full time manager appointed (Colm Murphy)
- 1985: Introduction of our car draw
- 1987: Moved to the annex in St. Brendan's Hospital in Grangegorman
- 1989: Introduction of our Budget Account scheme
- 1994: Moved to our current Headquarters in High Street, Dublin 8
- 1997: First credit union in Ireland to have our own website
- 2007: Our common bond is extended to include health service staff throughout Ireland
- 2010: Amalgamated with the Law Library Credit Union
- 2013: Amalgamated with the James Street, Texaco and Castle Credit Unions
- 2015: Amalgamated with the St. Gabriel's and CIE Staff (Cork) Credit Unions
- 2017: Amalgamated with CIE Credit Union (Galway)
- 2018: Amalgamated with the CIE Connolly, CIE Broadstone and CIE Dundalk Credit Unions
- 2018: First credit union in Ireland with Full Online Membership Applications
- 2019: Amalgamated with Ranelagh & District Credit Union
- 2019: Amalgamated with Limerick CIE Credit Union
- 2020: Celebrating out 50th year in business
- 2020: Introduced Current Accounts to our members
Our Board of Directors
Our Board of Oversight Committee
Our Board of Management Team
Chief Executive Officer
Credit Control Manager
Anne Marie Kelly
Credit Assessment Manager
Business Development Manager
Risk Management Officer
Health and Safety and Facilities Manager