HSSCU is a nationwide credit union and a financial services provider who cares.
To be the preferred financial institution for our members
Who We Are
Health Services Staffs Credit Union is one of the largest and strongest credit unions in Ireland. With branches in Dublin, Galway, Cork, Limerick and Louth, we have an extensive physical presence, along with being one of Ireland’s credit unions who allow our members to do all of their business from home.
We offer a variety of loans, savings and a current account to our members, along with free online banking and insurances.
Our goal is to be a financial partner to our members. One that treats you with respect, is reliable and helpful.
Credit Union: We're Different
When you join HSSCU you’re not just another customer, you’re a member.
With us, you become part of a highly regarded credit union.
You’ll be part of the ownership of the credit union and will enjoy many benefits. You’ll also get a say in how the credit union is run for the good of the community.
HSSCU takes care of our community by offering free bursaries, scholarships, insurances, sponsorships and a member-funded member prize draw to our members, amongst much more.
Health Services Staffs Credit Union Ltd. is affiliated to the Irish League of Credit Unions.
What Our Members Say About Us:
Best thing I ever did. Great kind and helpful staff in HSSCU. So lucky!
Would not be with out this saving account. Come November, you have your Christmas shopping sorted. Would highly recommend this saying account to everyone!
Started it up a few years back. So glad I did!
I started one a few years ago, it's great.
The best thing I've ever done 👌
Great idea, started this year! I was in a savings club, but stopped last year. Credit union savings are safe and a way to help budget costs. Because it's out of my wages, I don't even notice.
- 1970: Founded to serve the financial needs of health services staff for the areas of Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow
- 1971: First employee (Richard Butler)
- 1972: Moved to the Welfare Building, 1 James Street
- 1981: First full time manager appointed (Colm Murphy)
- 1985: Introduction of our car draw
- 1987: Moved to the annex in St. Brendan's Hospital in Grangegorman
- 1989: Introduction of our Budget Account scheme
- 1994: Moved to our current Headquarters in High Street, Dublin 8
- 1997: First credit union in Ireland to have our own website
- 2007: Our common bond is extended to include health service staff throughout Ireland
- 2010: Amalgamated with the Law Library Credit Union
- 2013: Amalgamated with the James Street, Texaco and Castle Credit Unions
- 2015: Amalgamated with the St. Gabriel's and CIE Staff (Cork) Credit Unions
- 2017: Amalgamated with CIE Credit Union (Galway)
- 2018: Amalgamated with the CIE Connolly, CIE Broadstone and CIE Dundalk Credit Unions
- 2018: First credit union in Ireland with Full Online Membership Applications
- 2019: Amalgamated with Ranelagh & District Credit Union
- 2019: Amalgamated with Limerick CIE Credit Union
- 2020: Celebrating out 50th year in business
- 2020: Introduced Current Accounts to our members
Our Board of Directors
Our Board of Oversight Committee
Our Board of Management Team
Chief Executive Officer
Credit Control Manager
Anne Marie Kelly
Credit Assessment Manager
Business Development Manager
Risk Management Officer
Health and Safety and Facilities Manager