Who We Are
Health Services Staffs Credit Union is one of Ireland’s largest and strongest Credit Unions, offering a wide range of financial products and services to our members at competitive rates and attractive terms.
We endeavor to be the most reliable, respected, and preferred financial institution for our members, providing good value, modern, accessible and tailored services and support on a nationwide basis.
1970: We were founded to serve the financial needs of health services staff in what was the old ‘Eastern Health Board’ region of Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow.
2007: Our common bond expanded to include all health service staff throughout Ireland.
2010: We amalgamated with the Law Library Credit Union.
2013: We amalgamated with Texaco Employees’ Credit Union, and James’s St. Credit Union.
2015: We amalgamated with three more industrial credit unions St. Gabriel’s Credit Union Cork, C.I.E. Staff (Cork) Credit Union, and Castle Credit Union, and have since grown our membership to over 35,000 members, with assets of over €200 million.
2017: We amalgamated with C.I.E. (Galway) Credit Union, and have since grown our membership to in excess of 38,000 members with €245 million in assets.
Our Board of Directors:
Our Board of Directors are volunteers, who are voted into office by our members. The Board of Directors are responsible for the control, direction and management of the affairs, funds and records of the credit union.
The Board of Directors for 2017 are:
- Pat O’Neill (President)
- Emer Walsh (Vice President)
- Jane Joyce (Secretary)
- Amanda Buggle
- Brendan Fagan
- Christina Barretto
- Geraldine Higgins
- Marie McBryan
- Pascal Keeve
- David O’Brien
- Damien O’Brien
Our Common Bond:
To see a full list of our common bond please click here. *
Registered office: 5 High Street, Christchurch, Dublin 8
James St Branch: Phoenix View, 144-150 James’s Street, Dublin 8
Cork Branch: 34 St. Patrick’s Quay, Cork.
Galway Branch: Ceannt Station, Eyre Square, Galway
Sub Office: We also offer services at Community Credit Union, 326 – 327 Blanchardstown Centre, Dublin 15. NOTE: You cannot access account information, pre-arranged cheque collections only
- Fixed Term Deposit
- Christmas Savings Account
- Personal Loans
- Special Rate Car Loans
- Special Rate Education Loans
- Special Rate Green Loans
- Special Rate Home Improvement Loans
- Personal Micro Credit Loans
- Access to your account 24/7
- Apply for a loan
- Transfer funds in your own time
- Sign up for eStatements
- Set up payee’s to manage your own bills
- Correspond securely with HSSCU
- Upload documents supporting requests on your account such as loan application documentation
- Register for touch ID where you can “Bin the PIN” for your account and access your account using fingerprint technology (where the fingerprint technology is available on your mobile device)
- Payroll Deduction
- Direct Debit
- Electronic Funds Transfer using BIC and IBAN these numbers are on your credit union statement, also in the online area or if you telephone the office, one of the team will send them out to you.
- Card Payments
- In Branch
- Secure email via online account
- Fax: General (01-6778664); Loans (01-6778105)
- Phone: From Dublin (01-6778648) from outside of Dublin (1890 677864)
- Email services: General firstname.lastname@example.org or for documentation supporting a loan application email@example.com
*you can be a member of more than 1 credit union