Worried that our branches are closed due to COVID-19? That's no problem, where you are, we're there.
Important HSSCU COVID-19 Update to Members
In these difficult times, we would advise members that all HSSCU branches are closed until further notice. You can call us on 01 677 8648 where we will advise you of the many ways you can transact your business.
Branch Office Closures
Due to the government announcement on Friday, 27th March, 2020, HSSCU has made the careful decision of closing all branches until further notice. This decision was made in the interests of the safety of our members and staff.
HSSCU is in the fortunate position of being a financial institution that enables you to do everything from the comfort of your home and this is a great asset at this time.
Phone Line Opening Hours:
Our phone lines will continue to be open during the below hours:
- Monday: 9am – 5pm
- Tuesday: 9am – 6.30pm
- Wednesday: 9am – 5pm
- Thursday: 9am – 6.30pm
- Friday: 9am – 5pm
Difficulties relating to loan repayments
If you are economically impacted due to the COVID-19 response measures, please contact our credit control team, 01 677 8648 and dial 5 on the menu. They will be able to talk to you about your options and, as each circumstance is unique, each request will be taken on its own merits.
Current Account Services
If you have recently opened a current account and have a query regarding a HSSCU debit card transaction please dial 01 693 3333. All other queries on these accounts can be directed to our call centre 01 677 8648.
Things we can do for you on the telephone 01 677 8648 or 1890 677 864
- Give you information such as your balance and other general queries (hold for an operator on the phone menu)
- Make a loan application (hold for an operator on the menu)
- Get an update on your loan application (dial 3 on the menu)
- Assist you with online account queries (dial 4 on the menu)
- Discuss payment arrangements if you find yourself financially impacted during this crisis (dial 5 on the menu)
- Take a payment into any of your accounts such as loans, savings, etc. via debit card (hold for an operator on the menu)
- Change your address (hold for an operator on the menu)
- Follow up on post, fax or email sent to the office (6 on the menu)
- Answer your new member queries (dial 7 on the menu)
Things we can do for you by post, fax or email
Post – HSSCU, FREEPOST, Licence DN5764, PO POX 19600, 1 James’s Street, Dublin 8
Fax – 01 677 8105
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Process a withdrawal from your account. Write an instruction indicating how much, from which account and the details of the account you would like it sent to, sign it, and send it to us at the above address, or to reduce time, take a photograph with your phone and send it to us via the above email address
- Send out your loan paperwork for review and signing, and we will provide you with a prepaid postage envelope to return the documents to us so you don’t have to go to the post office, simply drop it in your nearest postbox and we will process your loan on return
- Change or setup payroll deduction or direct debits, download the appropriate form on the forms and downloads section of our website https://www.hsscu.ie/forms-downloads/
- Other instructions that need a signature
Things that you can self-manage with access to your accounts online (www.hsscu.ie in the login area)
- Transfer funds to accounts you have used before
- Set up a new payee and transfer funds to that account
- Make a debit card payment
- Make a loan application
- Print statements
- View your balances
- Transfer funds
- Use the secure email to give us instructions on account matters such as change address or change payroll deductions, etc.
Applying for Membership Online
If you would like to join HSSCU you can do this online at www.hsscu.ie/join-us-online. If you would prefer to complete a paper form, you can download a form in our forms and downloads section of our website: https://www.hsscu.ie/forms-downloads
Do Not See Your Need Listed Above?
If you cannot see your particular need listed here, please be reassured we can likely assist you via the telephone, post or fax, just call our experienced staff on 01 6778648 and talk it through. We are committed to assisting everyone we can however possible during this crisis.
HSSCU is sending all of our members, particularly those working healthcare, transport, An Post, groceries stores and all other essential businesses our gratitude and well wishes at this time.
We are all in this together. Help us to continue helping you.
Management and Staff of HSSCU