How to lodge and access your money
Paying into your account
Payroll deduction is available in many health services work places. Money is taken at source from your wages and paid into your credit union account. Payroll deduction forms are available on our website in the Forms & Downloads section or from our office.
Direct Debit is also an option. You can make regular payments into your credit union account by direct debit from your bank account. Direct debit forms are available on our website in the Forms & Downloads section or from our office.
You can make ad hoc payments to your accounts at any time by:
Electronically transferring money from your online bank account into your credit union account. To do this you will need to phone us to receive the correct IBAN to send that transfer to. If you have a number of account types with us (e.g. Share, Loan, Budget) please phone/fax or email on the day of the transfer to let us know which of those accounts you are transferring the money to, otherwise it will automatically be applied to your Share Account.
Debit Card payments You can make Debit Card payments into your account(s) over the phone and online.
Lodging cash in person Posting a cheque or postal order to our office.
Accessing your money
Withdrawing money from your Share or Deposit accounts
You can withdraw *free standing shares at any time through the following methods:
– cuAnywhere phone app for smart phones (works in the same way as banking online).
– online accounts transfer the money electronically yourself from your online HSSCU account to your chosen bank/other account.
– by electronic funds transfer (EFT) whereby your money will be transferred by us over to your chosen bank account. Fax or post in a written instruction detailing how you would like to receive that money, or email us in the private member-only area of our website. When we receive this request by 10am on a weekday, the money will be transferred by the evening of that same day. Where we receive the notification after 10am, the transfer will be completed by the evening of the next day. Time is dependent on your own bank’s processing times.
– by cheque which will be sent by business post, with next day delivery.
– in person in our offices in Christchurch, or James’s Street Branch, Phoenix View, 144-150 James’s Street, Dublin 8, or St. Gabriel’s Branch, 34-36 St. Patrick’s Quay, Cork, or in one of our agents’ offices (currently Community Credit Union, Clonsilla office, Dublin 15).
* Free standing shares refers to shares of higher value than your loan. If you have a current loan with the credit union, you cannot withdraw any shares above the loan value, other than in exceptional circumstances which can only be approved by the Board of Directors.
Applying for & drawing down a loan
You can apply for a loan by one of the following methods:
1. Apply online.
You can set up an online account with us once you have your member number. Register for an online account at www.hsscu.ie. Once you have this set up you can apply for a loan in the member area of our website. We will follow up your application with a phone call from one of our member services team. That member of staff will then populate your Credit Agreement here in the office and post you out the paperwork for you to sign.
2. Phone us to apply for a loan.
We will populate the Loan Agreement in our office & post you out that paperwork for your signature. We will send you a stamped addressed envelope to return that paperwork to us. This cannot be faxed as we require an original signature. Business post guarantees a speedy next day delivery.
Once approved your loan can be transferred to you by one of the following methods:
1. Electronic Funds Transfer
Whereby we transfer the money to your bank account. Depending on who you bank with, the funds could be in your bank account on the same day they are transferred from this credit union.
2. By cheque
Which will be sent by business post, with next day delivery.
3. In person.
Collect your cheque in our office in Christchurch or James’s Street Branch, Phoenix View, 144-150 James’s Street, Dublin 8, or St. Gabriel’s Branch, 34-36 St. Patrick’s Quay, Cork, or in one of our agents’ offices (currently Community Credit Union, Clonsilla, Dublin. Please note that HSSCU will not cash a cheque. Our agents will cash cheques for up to €1,500 if they have those funds available.
Please note that in some cases a loan application may have to go to the Credit Committee for decision. The Credit Committee meet every Tuesday evening. Further information/documentation relating to a loan application may be required. Depending on the member’s wishes, contact regarding this information and the result of the application will be made by telephone or text.
To download our information leaflet click here.